Join us on November 14 from 6-7pm for the quarterly Public Health Updates Webinar for ALL childcare providers!
Stay ahead of the curve with the latest findings in public health, directly applicable to your childcare setting.
Essential updates include:
- Safe sleep guidelines and requirements
- Respiratory health update
- Medication administration in childcare settings
This webinar will help you stay informed, ensure safety, and elevate your care.
Presentations in English and Spanish.
Attend at: tinyurl.com/RandR111423
Child care provider general resources
- Caring for Our Children (CFOC) - A collection of national standards that represent the best practices, based on evidence, expertise, and experience, for quality health and safety policies and practices for today’s early care and education settings.
- Child Care Licensing Resource for Parents and Providers - Videos that explain licensing topics relevant to families and licensed child care providers. Learn more about how family child care homes and child care centers can protect and promote children’s health and safety.
- Community Care Licensing Laws and Regulations - For Child Care Centers and Family Child Care Homes.
- UCSF Child Care Health Program - Information on health and safety issues related to early care and education settings, supports a statewide childcare health consultation network, and conducts research.
The California Department of Public Health Public (CDPH), in consultation with the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) and the California Department of Education (CDE), has released Guidance for K-12 Schools and Child Care Settings to Mitigate the Spread of Communicable Diseases, 2023-2024 School Year.
- County of Santa Clara Public Health Department
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- California Department of Social Services (CDSS)
Health and safety trainings
- Red Cross - Find adult and pediatric first aid/CPR/AED trainings through their catalog.
- American Heart Association - Find CPR and first aid training trainings through their catalog.
Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) Program
What does CCHC do?
The CCHC utilizes a public health nurse's health expertise and knowledge of early care and education best practices to help programs promote health and safe learning environment.
What services does the program provide?
- Helps programs understand children’s healthy growth and development and how to address or manage children’s health conditions in the childcare setting.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to health and safety.
- Observes health and safety practices and helping programs prevent illness and injuries.
- Assists with communicable disease control.
- Provides training for staff on a variety of health and safety issues in a child care setting.
- Gives information on community health and social service resources.
- Assists child care providers with quality improvement strategies.
How much does the service cost?
All services are provided for free.
How do I get connected?