California Immunization School Law Training
Throughout the year, the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department Immunization Program offers free immunization requirements trainings for school and child care staff.
These trainings teach staff about immunization requirements for school and child care entry, how to read immunization records, and how to correctly transcribe the information from the immunization record onto the California School Immunization Record (blue card). Principals, directors, registrars, nurses, health technicians, health clerks, secretaries, and those responsible for administering and transcribing immunization records are encouraged to attend.
These resources will help you to comply with state of California immunization requirements for your facility as well as help you complete California School Immunization Records.
- Order education materials from the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department
- Recommended immunization schedule for children 0 to 6 years old
- Vacunas recomendadas para niños desde el nacimiento hasta los 6 años de edad enfermedades prevenibles con las vacunas para prevenirlas
- Recommended immunization schedule for children 7 to 18 years old
- Vacunas recomendadas para los niños de los 7 años hasta los 18 años de edad enfermedades prevenibles con las vacunas para prevenibles
- Vaccine names and abbreviations
Materials for Parents and Guardians
- Notice of immunizations needed
- Keep your immunizations records online (CAIR-SDIR)
- What if you don't Immunize your child?
- Off to college? Recommendations for immunizations and screening requirements for California colleges and universities
- Letter from Health Officer Dr. Sara Cody and Superintendent Dr. Mary Ann DeWan on childhood vaccinations and wellness care for the upcoming school year – August 18, 2020. (PDF) ENGLISH | SPANISH | VIETNAMESE
State of California school immunization law outlines the immunizations required for school and child care entry. Please encourage parents to make sure their children receive all of the recommended vaccines, in addition to the ones required for school and child care entry.
Managing Infectious Diseases in Child Care Facilities and Schools
Find notices to send home to parents about infectious diseases in group care settings for children at Exposure Notices for Communicable Diseases.
County of Santa Clara Public Health Department Immunization Program
976 Lenzen Ave., Suite 1100
San Jose, CA 95126
Telephone: (408) 792-5007
Fax: (408) 947-8752
- More from the Immunization Program
- News for School Nurses and Popular Resources
- Public Health Department Trainings and Events
- Shots for School - How Many Students in Your School Have Required Shots?
- Travel Vaccines for Kids
- Free HIV Testing and $5 STD Testing for Youth Age 12 and Up
- Child Care Providers Toolkit
- About Senate Bill 277 (SB 277)
- About Senate Bill 792 (SB 792)